What is GJ in Forex
While reading or trading Forex you have encounter someone saying GJ. While it consists of two letters it is common to use that letter combination.
GJ is short from of GBP JPY where traders use first letter from each word.
GBP is short from Great Britain Pound which is official currency of Great Britain.
JPY is short from Japanese Yen which is official currency of Japan.
GJ in Forex is major trading pair because those two currencies are the most traded currencies together with Euro, Canadian dollar and U.S. dollar.
You will find other combinations with these two currencies, like GU which is GBPUSD.
What is GJ Meaning
GJ means GBP JPY trading pair that is well known in Forex. It also means we have two currencies that are compared to each other.
When you write GJ = 136.83, it means that one GBP is worth 136.83 JPY. When you want to buy one GBP you will need to give 136.83 Japanese Yen.
GJ in Forex means currency pair value and when one currency is rising in value other currency is falling in value.
Trader job is to define where the price of a trading pair will move. Will it rise or will it fall down.
When the price of GJ is falling down it means GBP currency is losing its value against Japanese Yen.
When the price of GJ is rising it means GBP is gaining in value against Japanese Yen.
While GBPJPY is highly volatile pair, GBPJPY is known as a high volatile pair with high pip range. Take a look on the image below.
GJ in Forex is combination of two currencies. It is standard pairing of two currencies that are traded one against other.
Each currency in GJ represent currency of certain country. GBP represents British pound and JPY represents Japanese Yen.
Using GJ or GBPJPY is the same but mostly used combination is GBPJPY that clearly represents currency traded.
Other Forex currency pair that have shortened name is GU. If you want to know more read the article about GU in Forex.
Read more: What is GU in Forex
- EUR/USD Volatility – Pip Range Analysis
- GBP/JPY Pip Range Analysis – Account Widow Maker
- GBP/USD Pip Range Analysis – Cable Connection
- EUR/GBP Pip Range Analysis – Forex Under the See Level
- EUR/JPY Pip Range Analysis – Euro Japan Samurai
- EUR/CHF Analysis-The Biggest Crash in the Forex History
- USD/CAD Pip Range Analysis – Oil UP Pair DOWN
- USD/JPY Pip Range Analysis – Ninja Pair
- USD/CHF Pip Range Analysis – Swissie
- AUD/USD Pip Range Analysis
- AUD/JPY Pip Range Analysis
- NZD/USD Pip Range Analysis
- What is Meaning of XAU in Forex
- What is Meaning of CFD in Forex
- What is GU in Forex